2. When magnesium reacts with bromine, each magnesium atom ____ electon(s) and each bromine atom ____ electron(s)
gains 2, loses 1
loses 2, gains 1
gains 2, loses 2
loses 1, gains 2
3. The hydrogen to chlorine bond in HCl is:
4. The sulfur to sulfur bond in S8 is:
5. The potassium to iodide bond in KI is:
6. The total number of atoms in Ba3(PO4)2 is:
7. One mole of carbon dioxide contains ___ oxygen atoms.
one mole of
two moles of
one half mole of
no moles of
8. What is the name of F-?
Fluorine (I) ion
9. Which of the following is the correct formula for a phosphide ion?
10. What is the formula for magnesium oxide?
11. What is the formula for sodium sulfide?
12. What is the formula for aluminum bromide?
13. What is the correct name for MgF2?
Magnesium (II) fluoride
14. What is the correct formula for ferric sulfide?
15. What is the correct formula for chromium (II) chloride?
16. What is the correct name for Cu3P2?
Copper (III) diphosphide
Copper (III) phosphide
Copper (I) phosphide
Copper (II) phosphide
17. What is the correct name for PCl5?
Phosphorous (V) chloride
Potassium (V) chloride
18. What is the correct formula for dinitrogen tetroxide?
19. What is the correct name for NaC2H3O2?
Sodium hydrogen carbonate
20. What is the formula for potassium sulfate?
21. What is the molar mass of Fe2(SO4)3?
22. How many g is 0.485 mol of Au(CN)3? The molar mass of Au(CN)3 is 275.03 g/mol.
23. The pressure of 1000 mm Hg is equal to one atmosphere
24. Melting and freezing occur at the same temperature.
25. A catalyst lowers the amount of energy released in an endothermic reaction.